{past weekend and crops}

This weekend wasn't necessarily busy, but we got a lot of stuff done. 
  • Cleaned the house from top to bottom, literally. I mean from fans to floors.
  • Watched the Avengers
  • Had a mommy-daughter date to see Hotel Transylvania and shopping at TJ Maxx and Old Navy
  • Bought groceries
  • Scrapbooked, a little
  • Visited the library
  • and Studied (how could I forget that...)

I felt accomplished.  Here is a sneak peak of my scrapbook table and layout that I finished this weekend.



So everyone knows that I host monthly crops at my house now.  If you're local and want to sign up, please do... Scrap Happens - North Texas but I also like to travel to crops and retreats.  My favorite local retreats are Memory Lane Inn - McKinney and Elm Street Crafters Retreat - Denton, owned by my good friend Penni Abbot. Today I wanted to share with you a list of what I bring to crops and how I travel in style (or not)!

1. Pictures -  What would I do at crop without my pictures?! I guess make cards. I store mine at home in Iris Photo Keepers, which makes it very easy to see what I have and grab a few of the inserts to bring with me. You can generally get these very cheap at Michaels.
2. Paper Kits or Patterned Paper - I am currently subbing to Citrus Twist Kits, Gossamer Blue, and Scraptastic Kit Club. I keep my kits separated in a Scrapfolio. I have purchased these for cheap at Hobby Lobby. When I'm not traveling solely with kits, like to a retreat, I keep all my patterned paper organized in Iris Containers by brand.
3. Colored Cardstock - At home I store my cardstock by color in display dynamics, but for a crop, I'll keep them separated by color in a Scrapfolio.  Can you tell I love these things?
4. Tools/Adhesive/Pens - I like to keep all of my tools/adhesives/pens in a handy dandy tote with a handle. Right now I'm using a utensil organizer instead of my old bulky tool organizer. The tools I keep with me are: paper trimmer, scissors, journaling pens, white pen, ruler, atg gun, pop dots, glue dots, and a glue pen.
5. Ribbon/Embellishments/Stickers/Thickers - I have a large old Creative Memories tote that my mom gave me. I use it to transport all of my ribbons, embellishments, and rub ons which I keep organized by pattern (ribbon) and brand (embellies) in small ziploc baggies.  I transport my stickers/Thickers in a small Sterilite container.
6. Laptop/Punches/Inspiration Mags - I use my rolling bag to hold my computer, punches, and inspiration folder and magazines. I also put my larger tools in this bag as well, whatever will fit.  Also my inks and cords have a place in the front pocket.  It is a small bag from Michaels. Eventually I might invest in a larger bag with more space or something else, haven't though much about it.
7. Cameo - I just carry my cameo machine! I don't go anywhere without it!





And I think I've got it all covered! Yay!! I hope this list helps you to travel a bit lighter...just maybe. I seems to have lightened the load quite a bit for myself.

Have a lovely Monday!!

With Love,
Gabrielle Watson



2 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Sounds like you had a productive day! I love going to crops. There are none around here though.

laura said...

Looks like you have a lot of fun scrapping. I miss crops, but I don't know anyone near me who scraps.